Sand in my shoes

Texas, United States
A mother of three in a committed relationship. Some crazy stuff can happen to a person like me, and it usually does. This is where I will share things.

Aug 3, 2006

the perfect tree

When I was a little girl, all of the kids I knew wanted to be
doctors, ballerinas, cowboys and policemen...Stuff like
that...When they grew up. I have always been different. I
have never gone with what everyone else wanted. When
people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up,
I would tell them..."I want to look all over the world for
the perfect tree." I still have what it looks like in my
head. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. As a
child you draw the tree with the thick, solid, perfect,
brown base, and the perfectly proportionate round green
top. Sometimes it bore fruit and other times it was just
there as a place for the birds in the picture to sit.
I wanted to find it,
and you know something
funny, I still want to find
it. Anytime I travel I
look for it. An adult
once asked me what I
would do when I found
it. I told them I would
take a picture. Maybe I
was an aspiring photo-
grapher as a child. That
must be why I carry my camera
with me everywhere I go. I will find it someday.

1 comment:

MarkD60 said...

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.